The Lone Star Leaders Advocacy Board, developed by the Texas Beef Council, aims to increase beef advocacy on college campuses. Students who are studying agriculture and have a passion for Texas beef will be trained to identify and expand beef advocacy locally. Advocacy board members will receive extensive training, attend industry events, network with industry leaders, and become a spokesperson for the Texas Beef Industry.
The purpose of the advisory board is to create leaders to encourage other students to begin telling their agriculture story on campuses, and create campus events and programs to educate and inform collegiate consumers about beef. Advisory board members will encourage fellow students to receive their Masters of Beef Advocacy, participate in advocacy on campus and become Lone Star Leaders.
Advocacy Board members will receive training from industry experts on topics such as Beef Quality Assurance, and have opportunities to attend industry meetings and events.
- Currently enrolled in a Texas University with an agricultural-degree program
- Freshman, Sophomore or Junior classification
- Attend the training in College Station on August 6-10, 2018
- Desire to learn and expand advocacy efforts on campus
- Active within department and college campus
Responsibilities of Advocacy Board:
- Monthly conference call
- Bi-monthly reports
- Turn in overviews of each meeting/event attended & results
- Emphasize the importance and necessity of advocating for the beef community and agriculture to fellow students, and be knowledgeable about doing so
- Attend a minimum of 3 Ag related organizations or clubs, or classrooms on-campus to inform them about Lone Star Leaders as part of Texas Beef Council & the MBA program
- Assist in organization of one beef promotional or educational event per term
- Ag week, beef day, advocacy training, etc.
Selected board members must attend the summer training at Beef Cattle Short Course - August 6-10, 2018. Members also must be willing to dedicate time throughout their year of service for meetings and serving on their campuses. Additional requirements may be made throughout the year.
Please complete the form in its entirety and submit to the Texas Beef Council. We are thrilled that you are taking the time to complete this application in hopes of joining our team.
If you have any questions, please email Victoria Heller at email@example.com.